BENEFITS OF JOINING
Why Join The BBCBE
- The BBCBE is a business chamber which lobbies on behalf of its members.
- The BBCBE consistently reviews the environment within which its members operate and strives to make it conducive for their sustainable operations through engaging relevant stakeholders.
- The BBCBE provides and encourages networking opportunities amongst its members and stakeholders.
- The BBCBE plays an instrumental role in the transformation of the industry as a key stakeholder in the Construction Sector Charter Council (CSCC) which is the executive authority responsible for the implementation of the Construction Sector Codes.
- The BBCBE plays a direct role in influencing government procurement legislation including the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA).
- The BBCBE markets the services of its member companies to potential clients locally and abroad through business trade missions.
- The BBCBE plays a role in unlocking payments due to its members by public sector clients. To this end it has established a Payment Walk In and Call Centre in partnership with the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer at the National Treasury.
- The BBCBE actively conducts research in areas of the industry pertinent to the members’ business interests with the view of positioning them to benefit.
- The BBCBE has direct access to the industry regulatory bodies such as the CIDB, NHBRC, Built Environment Councils (CBE, BEPEC, ECSA, SACPCMP, SACLAP, SAQSP, SACAP and SACPVP) CETA, CSCC, etc.
- The BBCBE represents the interests of the built environment sector in the Black Business Council (BBC), NEDLAC, Presidential Business Working Group, Presidential Infrastructure Coordinating Commission and other relevant forums.
- The BBCBE facilitates access to government programmes such as the Black Industrialists Programmes and other programmes aimed at aiding emerging businesses.
- The BBCBE is a proponent of empowerment of designated sectors such as women, youth and people living with disabilities.
- The BBCBE has considerable experience and capacity in servicing its membership base which operates throughout the built environment value chain broadly covering consultants, contractors, suppliers and material manufacturers.
- The BBCBE was central to the establishment of the eTenders Portal, Payment Walk-in & Call Centre and Central Supplier Database in partnership with the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (OCPO) at National Treasury.